Fire Corps hosted a Training Summit on June 28-29, 2012 in Denver, Colorado.
Click here to download the Summit Brochure/Agenda.
- Developing your Constitution and Bylaws, Charles Kerrigan
- Communication is Key, Stella Hickey
- How to Avoid your Program Landing on the Front Page of the Paper for the Wrong Reasons - Ethics for Leading with Integrity, Candice McDonald
- Developing a Fire Corps Citizens Services Unit to Assist Victims of Fires and Emergencies, John Oprandy
- Making an impact on Multicultural Residents, Rebecca Booker
- Fire Corps in Public Education, Jeanie Fossati
- Building Relationship with Suppression, Shannon Ryder
- Fire Corps Providing Rehab, Charles Kerrigan
- It's a Peer Advocacy Thing! Learn How to Engage Youth to Teach Prevention & Preparedness Using Ohio Fire Corps' Enhance the Chance Youth Prevention & Preparedness Project Model, Candice McDonald
Purpose: This event will provide an opportunity to share ideas and best practices, network, participate in training, and learn valuable information to help departments and agencies enhance their Fire Corps programs.
Who should attend: The conference is open to all Fire Corps program managers, Fire Corps volunteers, Fire Corps State Advocates, and Citizen Corps representatives. Those in Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Nebraska, New Mexico, and the surrounding region are encouraged to attend.
Attendance is limited to 50.
Travel reimbursement: Authorized attendees will be reimbursed for up to $500.00 per person for travel expenses, including airfare and hotel. A maximum of two representatives per program can receive reimbursement. To be considered eligible for reimbursement, your program must be registered with Fire Corps or you must be a designated Fire Corps Advocate or Citizen Corps Council representative.
- Read the Fire Corps Travel Reimbursement Polices and Procedures. (DOC)
- Download the Travel Reimbursement Form. (Excel)
Date: Thursday, June 28, 2012
Time: 5:30 – 8:00 PM MDT
Location: Denver Firefighters Museum
1326 Tremont Place, Denver, CO 80204
Date: Friday, June 29, 2012
Time: 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM MDT
Location: Rocky Mountain Fire Academy
5440 Roslyn St, Denver, Colorado 80216
Fire Corps would like to thank the Denver Fire Department, the Rocky Mountain Fire Academy, and the Denver Firefighters Museum for their support in making this conference possible.