Need Funding for your Fire Corps Program?

Sunday, 15 October 2006

Does your Fire Corps program need funding for supplies, uniforms, or activities such as public outreach or volunteer recruitment? If so, funding may be available through your local or state Citizen Corps Council. Each year, the Department of Homeland Security’s Citizen Corps program provides funding assistance to states to strengthen the collaboration between government and non-governmental entities—including the private sector, non-governmental organizations, faith-based organizations, and advocates for vulnerable populations—through Citizen Corps Councils to achieve more comprehensive all-hazards community preparedness. Citizen Corps Councils can use the funding for: emergency planning; training and exercises; disaster relief efforts; and providing education and volunteer opportunities to the general public, including supporting Citizen Corps initiatives such as Fire Corps, Community Emergency Response Team (CERT), Medical Reserve Corps (MRC), Volunteers in Police Service (VIPS), and USAonwatch/Neighborhood Watch.

Any Fire Corps program wishing to apply for the grant should be part of their Citizen Corps Council and work through their Council to submit an application. For more information on Citizen Corps grant funding, contact your local or state Citizen Corps Council. Contact information can be found at Learn more about Citizen Corps at

PDF Print Email

New? Start here

Find out the benefits of starting a Fire Corps program for your department.

Program Information

Learn how you can market and grow your existing Fire Corps program successfully.

Volunteers Needed

Are you interested in volunteering at your local Fire Corps program?